Sunday 1 May 2011

All good things must come to an end....dammit....

Day #15: Wednesday, April 27
France-Singapore-Melbourne....

Goodbye Paris. We loved you.

On the bus on the way to the airport, the kids very kindly thanked all the adults for their help on the tour and we all received a gift from them. I was stoked with mine!! They bought me a coffee cup with the Arc de Triomphe on it. I had hummed and hawed about buying a print or the like with the Arc on it. It was such a thrill to climb it and to have a bird’s eye view over Paris. So pleased with my pressie!! Thanks everyone!!!


It will be perfect for the Pomegrante Tea I bought at the Spice Market in Istanbul!!!

Then it was all systems go as we checked in….my suitcase at 26.5 kg looked like being a winner, but Bruce’s 37 point something and Paul’s 37 plus beat me hands down. But then, they’re a bit nicer to you when you fly business class…..!!

Hello A3-80!! Singapore Airlines how I love thee and your large, comfy plane. Mind you, I didn’t sleep on the 12 hour flight to Singapore. Rather I made use of the in-flight entertainment and watched movies and some ‘Glee’. ‘The Black Swan’??? What the hell was that all about???

A few hours in Singapore was well spent with a visit to the Butterfly House and with the free foot massagers. Then off to Melbourne.

Always a sucker for a butterfly house...and in an airport...who'dve thunk it??

Some Venus Fly Trap-esque plants....

Pretty!

As we left Customs (with our booty of Turkish Delight and Belgian chocolate) and headed out the door, there were the kids’ families and my Mum. Hugs and a few tears all ‘round for the SOAPs and that was it. The trip of a lifetime was over.

This is an experience that I will never forget. I’ve meet some unbelievably fantastic adults and students and I am now looking forward to catching up with them on the Facebook group Evan is setting up and for our anniversaries.  We’ve already talked about going back to the Shrine for a tour and for Jean to tell us about the ‘ANZAC Book’ and also to Canberra. I can’t wait to catch up with the gang again.

What an AWESOME experience!!!! Thanks Ted!

No comments:

Post a Comment